Saturday 5 July 2014

inside the service sheet

THE PINES, HOUGHTON BAY
FRIDAY, 4 JULY 2014
AT 1.00 PM
OFFICIATING

Brian Ross jp
COMMENCING SONG

My Ain Folk – Alex Sutherland Singers
WELCOME AND OPENING WORDS

REMEMBERING LES AND FAMILY MEMORIES
OPEN TRIBUTES

The family invite you to share your personal memories of Les
 
VERSE

When I’m Gone
Read by Heather McKay

When I come to the end of my journey and I travel my last weary mile.
Just forget if you can any frowns and remember only my smile.
Forget any dark words I have spoken, but remember the good I have done.
Forget that there ever was heartache, just remember the laughter and fun.
Forget that I stumbled and blundered and sometimes fell by the way.
Remember I have fought some hard battles and won some, by the close of the day.
So do not grieve for my going, don’t be sad for a day
But in summer just gather some flowers and come to the place where I lay
And then in the shade of evening, when the sun paints the sky in the west.
Stand for a moment beside me and remember only my best.
 
TIME OF REFLECTION AND MUSIC

Amazing Grace – The Regimental Band Pipes & Drums of the
Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
 
THANKSGIVING AND THE LORD’S PRAYER

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name;
Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, The power and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
 
VERSE
 
On a Friend
An honest man here lies at rest,
As with God his image blessed.
The friend of man, the friend of truth,
The friend of age and guide of youth.
Few hearts like his with virtue warm’d
Few heads with knowledge so informed
If there’s another world he lives in bliss
If there is none, he made the best of this.
Robbie Burns
 
CLOSING WORDS

RECESSIONAL MUSIC

Auld Lang Syne – John McDermott
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days o’ auld lang syne!
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

No comments:

Post a Comment